Learn about headstones, and how to buy a headstone.
There are a number of questions you should ask a monument dealer when buying a headstone for a loved one. Here are a number of them below. Any experience monument dealer should not only be ready to answer these questions, but also HAPPY to answer them for you. Any dealer who is not happy and caring towards you as a customer should not be the dealer you choose to work with.
1. Can I see what you have to offer?
2. What are your most popular monuments?
3. What can I customize on a headstone? Do you have options I can look at?
4. Can you show me examples of font types, carvings, etchings, and more?
5. Can you show me a drawing of the monument I'd like to buy before I buy it?
6. Can I see a stone of the same size?
7. How much does this stone cost and can you explain why it costs that amount?
8. What colors do you have available?
9. Can you tell me where this stone came from and what is it's story?
10. Will you set this in my cemetery of choice for free?
Bring a notebook and pen with you when you visit a monument dealer. Take notes. Write down things you like and things that you don't like about certain stones. Do the best you can to help the monument dealer can a feel for what you are looking for specifically. You won't regret it when you see that perfect stone in your cemetery.
HeadstoneHub is a Boston, MA based headstone and monument company that has been designing and building granite headstones, monuments, benches, and urns for over 35 years. We are family owned and operated and stand by the quality, beauty, and craftsmanship of our memorials. HeadstoneHub proudly serves the greater New England area.
Areas we serve:
Boston & Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire & Vermont.
Or visit our showroom in Leominster, MA